Re: [Sonic #2007879] blocked from ssh?

I'm glad you found out the problem.

It is not a script -- it was autossh.  And I used it wrong just once by
accident.  (I vow never to use autossh when logging into shell.sonic.net !)
The problem was that I autossh'd to shell.sonic.net, then ssh'd from there
back to my machine to the GNU screen session that was doing the autossh!
So, it looped forever, making thousands of connections to port 22 before I
could stop it.

In any case, I'll try my best to keep out of your /etc/hosts.deny file ;-).

 > From: "Sonic.net Tech Support" <http://www.sonic.net/~support>
 > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:05:37 -0700
 >
 > Greetings,
 >
 > >From the timing of your failed authentication attempts to bolt.sonic.net or
 > >shell.sonic.net, it would appear that you have a mis-configured script. This
 > >script, when failing authentication, is what is landing you in our
 > >/etc/hosts.deny file. If you correct this script, you should be able to login
 > >without any problems. You could also use an RSA key to authenticate, this may
 > >make it a bit easier to script. Once you're in the /etc/hosts.deny file, it
 > >generally takes about 1-2 hours before you're allowed access again. Hope this
 > >helps, thanks for choosing Sonic.net!
 >
 > > To: http://www.sonic.net/~support
 > >
 > > Hi.  I noticed that I'm being blocked from ssh access to shell.sonic.net
 > > from my Sonic.NET static IP address.  Ssh from another machine works fine.
 > >
 > > How long do these blocks last?
 > >
 > > Thanks.

Why do you want this page removed?