Re: Happy 2006 Winter Solstice!

 > From: Mike Abbott <http://www.repbot.org/~mike>
 > Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:31:12 -0600
 >
 > > Tell_me
 >
 > Wow, they're still around?

Yeah, but I heard that they now have a hiring freeze.  They claim to be
reducing by attrition.

 > I think I knew someone there long ago, Terry
 > Weissman or something like that.  I don't suppose he's still there.

The name doesn't ring a bell.

 > >         Trek 7300 "commuter" bicycle
 >
 > Hey, I have that bike.  I like it.

A picture of it is available at
http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert/archives/personal/2006/jpgVXNevhMdGi.jpg .

 > > 233Mhz machine
 >
 > How do you stand it?  I ditched my 1 GHz P4 because it was too slow.
 > I'm using Kubuntu now; very slick.

Yeah.  I'm a dinosaur.  But, Noelle's computer takes up the slack for the
multimedia stuff these days since my next slowest computer (433Mhz) is
even too slow these days.  (My computer at work is a 2 GHz, 2 Mb laptop
and it is heaven...except that it runs Windows. :-( )

Keep Noelle and me abreast of life in Minnesota.  (Her trip there was
successful, albeit house-bound.  She got to bond with the cats there.)

Why do you want this page removed?