Fw: Run naked to save the Dojo -- and other news

--- Begin Message ---

ALERT: CITY OF MOUNTAIN VIEW DEMANDING $250K IN BUILDING UPGRADES

When we announced our expansion in October, the City of Mountain View unexpectedly stepped up the code requirements the Dojo is expected to follow. With our remaining 2.5 year lease and the strong community we have built in Mountain View, we want to satisfy the City's needs, as expensive as they may be without compromising Hacker Dojo's implementation or vision.

Many of you have asked what sort of building upgrades are required. As of right now, here are some of the ones we know need to happen:

 * Fire sprinklers throughout A-D (up to $130k for this alone)
 * Two sets of ADA bathrooms -- one in B, and the other in D
 * Rebuilding the stairs and fixing other code violations

FUNDRAISER KICKOFF: LOOKING FOR CORPORATE SPONSORS NOW

This is a time when we need your support more than ever. If you have been on the fence about signing up as a member, we'd appreciate if you did so at http://signup.hackerdojo.com/ and, if you want to make your dollar go further, donate at http://www.hackerdojo.com/Assemble and Palantir will match your donation dollar for dollar.

We are kicking off our fundraising efforts and we are looking for corporate sponsors who are interested in working with our outreach efforts.

       We Need Your Help Connecting Us With Potential Sponsors.

Forward along the case studies and the benefits of sponsorship: http://www.hackerdojo.com/Sponsorship. If you're interested in sponsoring or being an ambassador to a company you work with please email sponsorships@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

For those of you who want a simpler way to help out and are on Twitter, please join our shout-a-tweet campaign. Once 500 people join the effort, everyone will tweet at once. Our last experimental shout-a-tweet campaign was a major instrument in getting our current sponsors, press coverage, and donations, and we would deeply appreciate your support getting the news out again. Just authenticate with your Twitter account and you are done.  Please help now: http://bit.ly/zWtYw6

SAVE THE DOJO: RUN A MILE IN YOUR UNDERWEAR

Some will run, some will walk, some will stumble, but on Saturday March 17th (Saint Patrick's Day) members of the Dojo community will drink beer and displace themselves one mile in green, funny costumes, or their underwear to raise money for the Dojo!  Please register to join us at http://www.hackerdojo.com/FireEscapeRace and help us promote the race!  This will be a lot of fun. :)

BUY MORE PRODUCT: HACKER DOJO T-SHIRTS AND SWAG

People have been asking for Dojo swag for a long time now, and we are finally getting some as part of fundraising efforts. We have orders for shirts, shotglasses with the Dojo torii symbol, and mugs which read "I <3 [torii]" that should be arriving at the end of February/ early March. If you're interested in purchasing anything, come by the front desk between 1-8pm on weekdays.

IMPORTANT MEMBER EVENTS

Member Dinner: Tuesday, March 6 at 7pm
PBW + Member Meeting: Wednesday, March 14 at 7:30pm
Happy Hour, every Friday at 7PM

--- End Message ---

Why do you want this page removed?