[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: dealing with different conversations
- To: Noelle <noelle>
- Subject: Re: dealing with different conversations
- From: robert <http://dummy.us.eu.org/robert>
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 10:18:13 -0700
- Keywords: our-Oakland-cell-phone-number
> From: Noelle <noelle>
> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 10:04:36 -0700 (PDT)
>
> sort of related to Margaret Killjoy's podcast about talking to
> people
> https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2026/sep/13/monologuists-interrupters-trauma-dumpers-survival-guide-one-sided-conversations
Actually, I think this has less in common with what Margaret Killjoy says
than in dealing with people like Heather, Tamara, Gail, and Erica.
Definitely some great strategies, but, I think, sometimes you just have to
get up and walk away for people to get the message.
Also, I think this would be a great argument for bringing my hearing aids.
I could let the person talk for a while, and then pull out my hearing aids
and politely ask, "Could you please what you said for the last 5 minutes?"